- uses a plain ui, your imagery is the focus
- uses the proportion of your images to inform the grid layout
- treats mobiles as first class citizens (the layout is consistent across screen sizes)
- can be used without imagery
- sticky articles are given prominence on any list page
--grid-base in the theme stylesheet, and all-grid will adjust your layout accordingly. If you use the css unit
--grid-base: 15vw;, the grid will maintain consistent proportions across all screen sizes. Use
--grid-base: 160px; and the grid will change as the viewport changes.
By default, front page articles are listed randomly (try reloading the page to see how all-grid copes with various image proportions). Other sections are listed using default sorting.
all-grid includes SLIR, a PHP script to automatically crop and resize images that you have uploaded into the Content:Images tab. Specify images by entering their ids in an Article image field.
Font sizes adjust automatically depending on the width of the viewport, and can be changed using the set up variables in the theme stylesheet.